Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby Van part II

December 15, 2010 at 6:44pm
As I said last night, the ultrasound tech said that everything was good.  Baby looked good, he is about 6 pounds, and everything was good.  He only mentioned that there was enough ambiotic fluid and that it was on the high side, but I got a call from the doctor today saying that there was too much fluid.  So I am not sure what this means.  She said he has too big of a swimming pool.  Therefore, I am going for blood work tomorrow to test my blood sugar levels and they are sending me to fetal maternal medicine.  Therefore, I panic again but then when they call with my appointment they say January 5!  What!  If it was that important, why wait?  I have a regular appointment tomorrow so maybe I can learn more but I have never heard of having too much fluid.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby Van

Baby Van


December 14, 2010 at 4:14pm
Yesterday I felt like my water was breaking.  I called my doctor and they told me to come to the hospital. I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child and I had a c-section with my first one.  While at the hospital they hooked me up to monitors and saw that I was having contractions. they later gave me an iv of fluids and did several tests.  They decided that I had a UTI and gave me a prescription.  However they also noticed that my baby's heart beat had dropped at several places.  Oddly enough the hospital does not do ultrasounds at night so I was sent home.  My doctor has scheduled me for an ultrasound for tonight. I am worried.  Why would I have contractions? I didn't really feel them, just uncomfortable.  Could the cord be bugging the baby? Could he be pulling on it or could it be around his neck? My husband thinks that they would not have sent me home if there was something wrong, but I thought that they didn't want to worry me. If they could not do an ultrasound why keep me. Any thoughts?

Saturday, November 6, 2010



November 6, 2010 at 4:44pm
My husband and I are trying to decide what we should do.  He seems okay with leaving the decision up to me but I am not sure what I want to do.  I know that there are dangers with c-sections and with VACS (vaginal after c-section), I had a c-section with my daughter in October of 2009, and now I am due Jan. 24 2011.  I know that they are close and I am not sure if this effects the decision or not.  My doctor told me that if I want to have more kids then I should do I VACS, but she also said that I could have 3 c-sections.  I know people how have had 3 or even 4.  I am just not sure if I can put my baby's life in danger so that I can have the chance to have more kids in the future.  I am not even sure which is better.  I want to know what is healthier for my baby.  Any suggestions?

A section will be scheduled.  This will help with Devin’s job and with the logistics of my cousin watching Zelda.  I won’t be in labor as I was with Zelda and even then, I had to have a c-section.  This time they cannot induce me as they did with Zelda.  I will get more time off work and I have been told that you heal much more quickly with the second c-section then you did with the first.  There are risks with a c-section because it is still asurgery, but if scheduled I could chose my doctor and everything will be ready, unlike an emergency c-section.  If I have a C-section, I can only have c-sections after that.

If I have a vaginal delivery, I can have more children and I won’t be stuck to having a c-section.  After a successful Vaginal, you can have more vaginal deliveries.  I won’t be in as much pain after as I was with the c-section.  I have also opted to have an epidural.  The doctors said that this would make it easier if I have to have an emergency c-section because they can just put more medicine in and not have to worry about setting that up.  If I have a vaginal delivery if would be when Van is ready to come, so he would have more time in the womb. C-sections are usually schedules a week or two weeks before your due date, so that you do not go into labor before hand. I am worried that he will not be ready.
This may all sound silly, but I am sure the doctors know what they are doing.  I would just like to know what other thought and what they have done.

Girl Scout Cookies

buy here: